“Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).”
– James Baraz
Have you ever felt the calling to release everything hidden inside of you? A calling to your True North Path, your souls blue print, your intentional purpose in this life. The first step to following the bread crumbs is a mindfulness practice where you tap into your awareness over time creating your ultimate reality of living your life purpose. By no means is this an easy task; anything worth doing is going to be challenging and what I can tell you is the juice will be worth the squeeze!
Are you ready? Of course you are now let’s get started…
Grab a brand new journal & a pen. For the next 30 days take the time to answer one question, do one practice, or have an experience each day. These 61 prompts are a list of ways to be mindful, and a good place to start creating a more positive life full of awareness. You can do them in order or pick and choose as you go. Look at them as a suggestion to expand your mindfulness journey and since there are no right or wrong answers you can’t answer incorrectly; ONLY what rings true for you. Pretty straight forward right?
Be mindful, some are for first thing in the morning, something to do during your waking hours, while others are for before you go to bed. I HIGHLY recommended you pick the questions you look at and say, “I’m not doing that one…” to gain the greatest benefit from this practice. Getting yourself out of your comfort zone is where you’ll experience the most growth AND you’ll be one step closer to healing your soul & starting towards your soul mission!
Now, the goal is to do this practice for 30 days IN A ROW! If you miss a day, you have to start over from Day 1. This will take being intentional, committing to your truth, & I can promise that when you do this your perspective on life will change for the better. This isn’t meant for anyone else but YOU to see unless you want to share; so realize no one else will ever see this… so just write without worry about spelling or correcting that’s not what this is about. Its simple, all answers are true to how you feel, think, & view life in the now yet with all the intention of manifesting an even more abundant future.
P.S. If you find a practice that you enjoy don’t forget you can turn it into an every day practice for your self! After the 30 days is up my prayer for you is you continue being mindful, aware, & intentional every single day. A clear mind creates a channel for the soul to unfold. Enjoy!
- What does success feel like to you? Life is but perception in the minds eye, there are no wrong answers only you know what is true for you.
- Giving is living. The best way to live a worthwhile life is simple: continuously grow as an individual and contribute to other people in a meaningful way. What’s one thing you can do today to grow yourself? How can you start to contribute to others in a meaningful way?
- Sit in silence for 10 minutes, preferably first thing in the morning before anyone or anything else has entered your day. Write down what happens. What came up? How did it make you feel?
- Go for a walk in nature without distractions. Take note of how you felt before & after. Did anything come up for you? Be sure to write it down.
- The two biggest days of your life are the moment you were born & the day you find out your purpose. Finding your personal passions is very important to fulfill your life purpose. What are you passionate about? What lights you up? What makes you feel pissed off where you feel like action must be taken to right the wrongs? This will point you in the direction of your purpose. Keep exploring!
- For the day, make the choice to stop thinking about yourself & instead put other ‘Beings’ first. What feelings came up for you throughout the day? Did you gain any new perspectives? What was the biggest aha moment from a day of selflessness?
- What does being present look & feel like for you? Based off your view point… Are you being present in your life? With the people you love? If yes, what ways were you present today? If no, what can you do today to start being more present in your life?
- When is the last time you stopped to acknowledged yourself? List out 10 things that have happened recently that you’re proud of. At the end read the list out loud 3 times with a smile while speaking with purpose. Write down how you feel after acknowledging yourself.
- Look at yourself in the mirror right when you wake up & out loud tell yourself 3 traits you love about yourself starting with “I am…” (example: I am smart. I am a giver.) Do it again at lunch & after dinner. Before bed, write down how you feel after giving yourself so much love & acceptance in one day.
- What have you been doubting in your life recently? How can you change your doubt/fear to belief/faith? Write down an Action Plan to get you started today!
- Be creative. Draw, write a poem, short story, whatever you’re called to, the page is yours.
- What did you rush through today? Why? Could you have slowed down and enjoyed the journey, if so, how?
- Each day is a new opportunity to add value to the world, to others lives, be the change you want to see in the world! How did you add value today?
- It’s not about how people feel about you, but how you make them feel. Write down 3 interactions you had today where you made someone feel not so good. Write down 3 where you made them feel good. How did you feel after the not so good & the good? What have you learned about yourself? Is there anything you want to change from this point forward?
- What adds value to your life? What lights you up? Make a list side by side. Do your lists have similarities, if so how? Narrow your list down to your top 5 values you live by.
- Freely forgive others as you forgive yourself. Where do you need to forgive yourself in your life? How can you start forgiving the past & letting go of the future to be in the now?
- Turn on a song or musical number. Listen & experience the music then write about how it makes you feel.
- When you put so much pressure on yourself life will become hard & unmanageable so why not choose to work in small increments instead. Imagine how much you could change if you chose each day in every way you get better and better! What’s one way you can be 1% better tomorrow than you were today?
- Take the day off technology: no social media, no tv, & don’t read, talk about, or watch anything news related for 24 hours. Take notice to how it changed how you feel throughout your day. Journal about your experience being disconnected from technology.
- Recite your favorite quote out loud then reflect on what that quote means to you. Delve deep!
- Is there someone you need to forgive? What would it take for you to truly forgive & let go of what you’ve been holding onto? There’s this saying, “Freely forgive others as you would forgive yourself.” Pick a date you’ll make this happen as forgiveness is truly for you, you deserve to live a life in the now! It will be scary, even hard and so worth the release.
- What’s one thing you did today that was truly just for YOU? Reflect on how this made you feel & what you did.
- Take the chance to “Act as if….” for the day. Act as if this was your last day to live, what would you do? Where would you go? Who would you spend time with? Go out & see what it is to truly live! Reflect on your day before you go to sleep & give thanks for your most favorite moment of the day.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff! What are some things you worry or stress about that ultimately don’t add value to your life? What would it take for you to shift your mindset to not sweat the small stuff anymore? How would it make you feel if you no longer had these worries? If you really think about it, it’s all small stuff right! Reflect on this today.
- Eat mindfully for the day. Choose foods & drinks that are healthy & provide real natural energy for your body. What do you notice about yourself after doing this for the day? What changes did you notice in mood, in your body, and in your mind?
- What is something you can do to grow yourself in a positive way? Make a list, pick one for today (or more), & start doing things on this list on a regular basis!
- Choose a place you can volunteer & go do it! Reflect on your time spent volunteering. What other ways can you give back to your community?
- Focus on being intentional with your time today. Make a list of your top 6 things you need to get done today from most to least important. After completing each one give yourself acknowledgment for a job well done. At the end of the day go over how you feel about how your day went.
- Find a project you’ve been meaning to finish & get it done today! How did it go? How did it make you feel to get it done?
- Write down your favorite uplifting quote on a sticky note and on your bathroom mirror (sharpie works great). This note HAS to be somewhere you’ll see it several times throughout the day. Before bed reflect on how reading this quote has shifted your perspective.
- Pick a date in the next 30 to 90 days and write it on an envelope. Grab a piece of paper. Write your future self a letter, filled with love, encouragement, & dreams you WILL fulfill by the time you read this again. Write in the present tense as if everything has already happened. Get into detail of how you would FEEL having accomplished your dreams and goals. Have fun with it & be magical; nothing is off limits! Example: I am so proud of myself for running my marathon it feels liberating to finally fulfill my dream of being a silver medal earner in the Iron Man competition.
- Go for a ride. On a train, bike, bicycle, horse, car, go have some fun then write about your experience!
- Write out a list of “Should’s” that you’ve been meaning to do. Now pick the top 3 from your list. Now turn those three into “Must” & do one today, then pick a dates in the next month that you’ll complete the rest. Then once those are done, repeat! How does it feel to complete something you’ve been meaning to get around to? What new habit can you form to make sure you follow through on future commitments?Come back to this page anytime you want to see how far you’ve come.
- Inaction is death. Wrong action is disastrous. While perfection in action is divine. What does this mean to you?
- For all of today, choose to follow through with every decision you signed up for. Instead of backing out or making excuses creating an internal battle think of it this way… By signing up you’ve made an obligation, now it is time to follow through without further thought. How did your day go? Did you free your mind from all the internal chatter by just doing what you said you’d do? Did it make life easier or harder? What have you learned?
- You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Make a list of your top 10 values/musts for your life (i.e. positivity, growth, abundance, ect.) Now make a list of the five people you spend the most time with. These people are your Kula; people who (should) lift you up & add value to your life. Really think about who’s in your Kula? Do each of these people enhance your life or not? Do you need to reevaluate who’s on your list? If so, who do you want in your Kula? It doesn’t have to be someone physically present (ex. Oprah, Tony Robins, Jim Rohn, Jim Carey…). What steps can you take to up level your Kula? How will you do it?
- Make a list of your habits that work & don’t work. Think in terms of aligning with your values and inner truths. Make a new list of how you can form habits that create less distraction, less agitation, make life simple & align with who you intrinsically are. How will you start forming these new habits? Start on one habit today!
- Intelligence is knowledge, experience, & comes from external resources. Intellect is using that knowledge & doing good for the whole of humanity. Where are you using intelligence without intellect in your life?
- Where in your life are you living out of fear? Why? What can you do to change this and begin living in faith?
- Where in your life are you living in abundance? How can you translate this into the areas you found you’re living out of fear? Track your steps and come up with your own plan for creating Abundance!
- Where in the world do you want to travel? Write an experience you want to have in present tense from one of the places you want to go. How do you feel finally being there? What do you see, smell, taste, and hear? Who is with you or are you alone? How did you get there? Where do you go? What do you eat? Pretend you’re there and go with your vision!
- Freeing yourself from the bound nature of society norms by choosing to dig deeper than ever before to find your true answer. What does happiness feel like to you? How does it smell? Taste? Sound? Then what it “looks” like may look much different than before.
- Go try something new today you’ve never experienced before. Create new memories then write about it here.
- Write about your favorite memory as a child or teen. What do you feel when writing? Why does this memory make you feel happy?
- Take yourself on a date doing something you love. What did you experience?
- Give acknowledgement to three strangers today then journal about your experience and how it made you feel.
- Make 5 affirmations that empower you & recite them right upon waking up, mid-day, and right before bed with a smile on your face while you FEEL the words electrify your body. How did your day of affirmations make you feel? Examples: I am generous. Each day in every way I get better and better. I attract abundance into my life & I’m blessed with all the support I have in my life right now.
- Drink only water today. At least eight 16oz glasses full. What did you notice about how your body felt compared to your normal? What about your mind? Attitude? Physically? Journal about it.
- What are 10 truths you believe to be true? Why? Is there anything you question about your truths that don’t resinate with your soul? If yes, why doesn’t it align and how can you change that story?
- If you could have dinner with any person from the past or present who would it be? What would you talk about? Where would you eat? Where would you go?
- If you knew you’d have unwavering support from every single person in your life, zero judgements, no worries, & all the uplifting you could ever desire. What would you really want to do with your life? Just start writing without thinking to hard, what comes up first is where you begin. Have fun with this. Then ask yourself… Am I doing this? If yes, how can I expand further to create a bigger impact on the world. If no, why am I not doing this? What can you do to follow your heart & soul?
- What’s stopping you from living the life you desire? Why? What action steps can you take to change your trajectory?
- What have you done today that lit you up with passion & inspiration? How often are you doing this? How can you turn it into an every day practice if you aren’t already?
- Today focus on being the change you want to see in the world. Decide that when you leave people or places that you will be sure you’ve left it all brighter & happier than when you arrived. What did you do today to light up the world? Journal about it!
- Take a personal day where you focus on doing, being, and having all you desire. Recommit to your dreams & come out refreshed tomorrow. What will you do for yourself today? Write a commitment to yourself in the form of a mantra. Come back to this anytime you need a reminder of why you’re chasing your dreams. Example: I am creating more abundance everyday. I look forward to feeling even more ease and joy than I feel right now! I’m excited to see how good it can get and I’m feeling so grateful right now for everything that is going well in my life. I am blessed by all the ways I am currently supported!
- Go be in the sun rays for 10+ minutes. Let it shine on your face & breath. Relax, then journal about what came up for you.
- Breath. Deep inhale to a count of 4 and long exhale to a count of 8 while sitting in Sukasana (easy seat) with arms resting on the legs and eyes closed. Do this slowly for 5-10+ minutes; focusing only on your breath. Take note of how you feel before starting then when finished note how you feel compared to when you started?
- Start reading a book that you’ve been meaning to read at least 10 pages. What did you like most about what you read today? Why?
- Focus on being positive throughout your day. If you catch yourself being negative immediately reverse it with a positive. How do you feel after a day of positive? Example: I hate this drive to work it’s so annoying. Instead say, I am grateful for this time in the car to relax by myself before I get my day started, I’m so blessed to have a car to drive to work in every day.
- Have a dance party with the ones you love! What was the one moment from today you’ll cherish forever & how did it makes you feel?
- Find a personal development audio, podcast, video, or cd you can listen to instead of the radio or music today. What did you learn & how do you plan to implement what you learned right now?
It only takes 21 days to form new habits. My wish for you is that mindfulness becomes an integrated part of your life so you can live in the now while creating a beautiful & abundant future.
I’d love to hear from you about your Mindfulness Journey if you’re up for sharing please go to Connect to send an email so we can talk about what you’ve discovered!
If you’ve found this to be helpful and would like to delve deeper into venturing into the space of Higher Ground practices for Soulful Healing Connect with me now to set up a Free 20 minute Soul Guided Powwow.